Top Lid - Best design..IME

Nurse.Reef.Reapeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a chance to get the top lids for my Reefer 170 after finding it on Facebook of all places. At first I was not convinced having to spend this amount of money just for a tank lid, well after some research regarding Lexan and their pros and cons, I still was not convinced until they came up with this FUSION VENT DESIGN. So I ordered it...

When I received the Lid, I was surprised on how thick the Lexan used. I would say 1/4 inch thick, it has options for feeding doors, cables, and this nice moodlight spline... not sure how they call it... but all I can say is I’m blown... due to the demand, I had to wait over 7-8 weeks to get mine, but it is worth the wait...

I made a video unboxing, if you guys are interested on how it looks on my tank:

shout out to Fabio, Jared and the team.

76262A38-36C3-409E-83EF-030D03080B3B.jpeg

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a very artistic video :p Thanks for taking the time to make it. It's certainly a slick looking lid!

I got mine from @cromag27. One thing that he includes in his designs that I don't see on the version you have is venting for air circulation at the glass/lid intersection. The gap is small, but it certainly cuts down on build up of water on the lid. I'd be interested to see how yours performs in that are.

I like the extra touches they put on your lid leaving some lines of material for aesthetics. Do you notice any appreciable shading from them?

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a very artistic video :p Thanks for taking the time to make it. It's certainly a slick looking lid!

I got mine from @cromag27. One thing that he includes in his designs that I don't see on the version you have is venting for air circulation at the glass/lid intersection. The gap is small, but it certainly cuts down on build up of water on the lid. I'd be interested to see how yours performs in that are.

I like the extra touches they put on your lid leaving some lines of material for aesthetics. Do you notice any appreciable shading from them?

OP
OP
Nurse.Reef.Reapeat

Nurse.Reef.Reapeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No shading on mine... and because of the design “FUSION VENT” I have yet to see any water/evaporation accumulation on my lid. I really like this a lot... not only does it look nice, the design serves a purpose.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 49.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back