Top Shelf Aquatics $10,000 for 10,000 Giveaway! 10 WINNERS! $10,000+ in Prizes!

MattyJatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

Check out and discuss the video: Talking Fish: Surgeonfish, Tangs and The Acanthuridae Fish Family!

What is something that interested you in this video? Did you learn something new? Share in a comment in this thread! (We would also love for you to leave comments on the YouTube video page, but this isn't required for the bonus entry.)

With the smaller 25g system I have right now, I unfortunately can't house a tang. There so many variants of Tangs out there. One of my favorite species of fish in this hobby that's for sure.

MrJGP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
high school GIF

I'M IN

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daily Video Talk Bonus: This was a really nice introduction to the genus. I'm looking forward to the follow-on videos.

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

Check out and discuss the video: INCREDIBLE Desktop Nano Tank Tour with UNIQUE Aquascape!

What is something that interested you in this video? Did you learn something new? Share in a comment in this thread! (We would also love for you to leave comments on the YouTube video page, but this isn't required for the bonus entry.)

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

Check out and discuss the video: INCREDIBLE Desktop Nano Tank Tour with UNIQUE Aquascape!

I love how you randomized the flow!

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daily Video Bonus Entry: I really like the low tech solution including the use of a Squid. Great use of an old technology that is still relevant today. I also like his mention of over-polishing the water and his explanation for why it was okay to have a juvenile Hippo Tang in a 30 gallon. Really nice overview and explanation of the trade-offs and solutions.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

That's how I plumbed my 125! It's not drilled so I have PVC running under the sand. I wish I had done similar with the ESHOPPS.

IMG_20220704_102018785.jpg
IMG_20220704_102031087.jpg

BananaPhone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

Check out and discuss the video: The Truth about Phytoplankton!

I think I might have to start dosing some phyto into my system. I wonder if I can just plug in a dosing pump and go that route

AdaTwistFan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

Check out and discuss the video: Top Shelf's Formula to Success: Reef Genetics

I wonder which strain they recommend if I'm just keeping SPS or is there some other metric that is used

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

I am surprised this tank is wedged into a corner. With the cabinets above, how easy is it to complete maintenance on it? Mainly getting to the pump and the filters.

FooFighter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY VIDEO TALK BONUS!

Check out and discuss the video: TSA's Top 10 Beginner SPS Corals!

Gonna have to pick some of these up if I get the grand prize!

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back