Top Shelf Aquatic's Eye-Candy Mega Thread Pic Heavy

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

49235509846_474a40f4f8_z.jpg
Pretty rude of you not to include a name
 
Question please what do you run your par at on SPS overall. Thank you
There is a big variance depending on the system they are in so it can range from 300-700 PAR for the mother colonies. The frags all sit around 300 PAR give or take.
Here's a system breakdown that might help you(these are estimates):
1/2/3SPS: 300 - 450 PAR frags and colonies
CT: 200-300 PAR frags and colonies
TSFSPS: 500 - 700 PAR Colonies, frags 350-450 PAR
Around the edges and under the eurobracing the PAR takes a dip as well so these numbers are true for most corals but not all
 
You guys don’t worry about the hyperplasia looking growth on some of these recent acro pictures?
 
You guys don’t worry about the hyperplasia looking growth on some of these recent acro pictures?
We were a bit concerned innitially but we track our DOA metrics and there is no difference between colonies with and without it.
We're not exactly sure what causes it but there have been no issues in growth, healing or shipping. Currently, I believe its either the chemicals we use for nitrate/phosphate or some other variable that we cannot currently track.
EDIT: that being said, we run montly Triton tests and the only thing we've had slighly above average every so often is iodine so that could also be a reason.
 
Hey guys everyone who sees the lafy Tafy goni I got from you beginning of dec loves it. Definitely one of my favorites stoked to grow it out. Thanks again

B71E5AFF-8793-4B75-8712-6B5E4AF4AD55.jpeg 15180651-5473-48BD-A680-87AB107CF10D.png
 
Hey guys everyone who sees the lafy Tafy goni I got from you beginning of dec loves it. Definitely one of my favorites stoked to grow it out. Thanks again

B71E5AFF-8793-4B75-8712-6B5E4AF4AD55.jpeg 15180651-5473-48BD-A680-87AB107CF10D.png
How has it been growing for you? We've been doing really good with ours!
 
How has it been growing for you? We've been doing really good with ours!
Super fluffy and I like the way it sways with the current. I love the purple stalks and the red/orange head/flower part. It’s amazing how much polyp comes out of the skeleton. I got it in the very beginning of December from y’all and I swear I have many new polyps already.
 
Super fluffy and I like the way it sways with the current. I love the purple stalks and the red/orange head/flower part. It’s amazing how much polyp comes out of the skeleton. I got it in the very beginning of December from y’all and I swear I have many new polyps already.
I'm super happy to hear! This piece was such an awesome addition to our farm
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new