Torch and T5s

bangtran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the past few weeks my torchs all seem to absolutely hate when my T5s kick on. I run an LED/T5 setup. They are on 4 hours a day in a mostly sps dominated tank. They will look great during the first part of the morning when it's all blues and once the T5 comes on they deflate over the course of an hour. They will stay like this even after the T5 turns off. The next morning, back to their full glory again for a few hours then..T5 comes on.. back to being deflated. Any ideas?

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the past few weeks my torchs all seem to absolutely hate when my T5s kick on. I run an LED/T5 setup. They are on 4 hours a day in a mostly sps dominated tank. They will look great during the first part of the morning when it's all blues and once the T5 comes on they deflate over the course of an hour. They will stay like this even after the T5 turns off. The next morning, back to their full glory again for a few hours then..T5 comes on.. back to being deflated. Any ideas?
Sounds like they are getting more light than they like so they are retracting.

How long have you had the torch(es) with this light setup?

OP
OP
B

bangtran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light setup has been in place over a year, the torches some I have had for that same amount of time and some about 5 months.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back