Torch Bleaching/ Polyp Bailout

jackalexander

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2020
Messages
378
Reaction score
173
Location
Ventura
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This torch was higher up on the rock work and was doing fine for about a month and the last few days it’s been closed up and unhappy. I was feeding it once a week with mysis shrimp. I will post water params later today. I did a 50% WC yesterday and now it’s bleaching and polyps are bailing. I moved it down to the sand. Is there any hope?
D5E59675-948A-47B4-9BC8-B633125EE09E.jpeg
 
hi,sorry to say,remove too late imo,also looks like head cracked.
 
hi,sorry to say,remove too late imo,also looks like head cracked.
dang... I got that torch from my LFS and they told me that the crack was a second head and polyps were coming out but I was right to be skeptical.
 
Sorry but I couldn’t see that making it long term. That crack is in no way the start of a splitting head or new head growth.
If the LFS told you that, I’d wouldn't spend another dime at the place unless it was a true emergency to get something to save your tank if something major was happening. With 100% certainty I’d never buy another coral from them. If the skeleton looked like that when purchased they either have no clue about what they’re selling or they’re crooks who would say anything to get your money.
But that’s just my....
personal finance money GIF by PBS Digital Studios
 
Sorry but I couldn’t see that making it long term. That crack is in no way the start of a splitting head or new head growth.
If the LFS told you that, I’d wouldn't spend another dime at the place unless it was a true emergency to get something to save your tank if something major was happening. With 100% certainty I’d never buy another coral from them. If the skeleton looked like that when purchased they either have no clue about what they’re selling or they’re crooks who would say anything to get your money.
But that’s just my....
personal finance money GIF by PBS Digital Studios
That’s what I thought... I should’ve gone with my gut and not gotten it because it was too good of a deal to be legit...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new