Torch Bleaching/ Polyp Bailout

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This torch was higher up on the rock work and was doing fine for about a month and the last few days it’s been closed up and unhappy. I was feeding it once a week with mysis shrimp. I will post water params later today. I did a 50% WC yesterday and now it’s bleaching and polyps are bailing. I moved it down to the sand. Is there any hope?
D5E59675-948A-47B4-9BC8-B633125EE09E.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,sorry to say,remove too late imo,also looks like head cracked.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but I couldn’t see that making it long term. That crack is in no way the start of a splitting head or new head growth.
If the LFS told you that, I’d wouldn't spend another dime at the place unless it was a true emergency to get something to save your tank if something major was happening. With 100% certainty I’d never buy another coral from them. If the skeleton looked like that when purchased they either have no clue about what they’re selling or they’re crooks who would say anything to get your money.
But that’s just my....
personal finance money GIF by PBS Digital Studios

OP
OP
jackalexander

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but I couldn’t see that making it long term. That crack is in no way the start of a splitting head or new head growth.
If the LFS told you that, I’d wouldn't spend another dime at the place unless it was a true emergency to get something to save your tank if something major was happening. With 100% certainty I’d never buy another coral from them. If the skeleton looked like that when purchased they either have no clue about what they’re selling or they’re crooks who would say anything to get your money.
But that’s just my....
personal finance money GIF by PBS Digital Studios
That’s what I thought... I should’ve gone with my gut and not gotten it because it was too good of a deal to be legit...

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back