Torch coral dying

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pvtgloss
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2022
Messages
2,282
Reaction score
3,312
Location
Asheville
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure what's happening. I'm guessing bailing out. I've done absolutely nothing. Po4 did bottom out because I'm battling a hair algea bloom. I did raise po4 to .04.

Alk- 8.7
Cal- 479
Mag-1424
Salt- 35
Ph- 8.18-8.32
No3- 10-15
Po4- was .00 now .04

Thanks guys

20230331_202341.jpg 20230331_202355.jpg
 
My guess is most likely bacteria infection, which is more than common for euphyllia. This one might be beyond saving imo. Hopefully the diseas hasnt spread to others. I would recommend removing it from this system if you can to prevent further contamination.
 
My torch had half it's polyps bail over a few days because of a change in flow I believe. My return nozzle usually rotates in a circle but got stuck and was sending a stream of water right at it it was a day or two before I noticed. Now he's doing better. I didn't move it or dip it and it's going great again now for it to grow over the dead polyps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new