Torch coral has a white mouth ?

BubbleTipAnemoneCollector

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4AD9307E-190B-41EC-A080-22B6009DD3F3.jpeg

Not sure what caused it to have a white spot around its mouth .. it still extends and is currently open but it’s the only torch with white lips. It’s a multi mouth I think ? Any idea what could it be ?

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Colors can change over time in response to varying conditions, and just a slight change can cause a dramatic shift. Coloratin changes can also be isolated to different parts of an animal. Color changes can also be isolated to one animal in a group. As these animals inflate or deflate colirs can appear to change as well. First question is how long have you had it? It usually is weeks to months for colors to change. Is it a response to changing water flow? Did it just eat something?
Did it just poop?

Upvote 0
OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Colors can change over time in response to varying conditions, and just a slight change can cause a dramatic shift. Coloratin changes can also be isolated to different parts of an animal. Color changes can also be isolated to one animal in a group. As these animals inflate or deflate colirs can appear to change as well. First question is how long have you had it? It usually is weeks to months for colors to change. Is it a response to changing water flow? Did it just eat something?
Did it just poop?
I’ve actually had it for a month I think ? It went from two heads to three and has had great polyp extension. Yesterday, I fed them Reef Roids and AB+. It’s a three head Indo Green Yellow tip torch. I haven’t seen it shown any health concerns, just the little discoloration on its mouth. It’s a multimouth so I can’t tell if it could be in the process of splitting or something

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back