Torch Coral ID and Thoughts?

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey , this torch is available on ebay for a set price, I'm just unsure if the price would be overpay etc. I only really know the prices of grails and indo golds. Just wanted your guys' thoughts on the coral and the colour, to me it looks nice and bright, but I can't tell if the image is under whites, blues etc. Not really good at this as I don't take photos myself. Also an ID would be nice, it's just being sold as an Ultra Green, didn't know if it's similar to a Todd's torch? I have asked for more photos, but it's an ebay seller, they never reply

s-l400.jpg

anemoneanatomy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is, to some extent, a personal question, which is to say "it's worth whatever you're willing to pay for it."

That being said, I feel like I've seen brighter ultra greens, many of which also have brightly colored tips, and the visible frag plug tells me this guy isn't that big, either, so I wouldn't pay that much for it. Others may have different opinions, of course.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have asked for more photos, but it's an ebay seller, they never reply

Personally i have never found a coral i thought was worth buying if the seller cant bother to answer questions....no matter what the price.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally i have never found a coral i thought was worth buying if the seller cant bother to answer questions....no matter what the price.
Agreed 100% and given torches don't ship well, if the eBay seller can't be bothered to respond Before a sale, good luck when there's an issue.

OP
OP
downonthereef

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is, to some extent, a personal question, which is to say "it's worth whatever you're willing to pay for it."

That being said, I feel like I've seen brighter ultra greens, many of which also have brightly colored tips, and the visible frag plug tells me this guy isn't that big, either, so I wouldn't pay that much for it. Others may have different opinions, of course.
I was more or less just trying to get an idea of the price for these green torches that's all, it's listed for 175 for two heads

OP
OP
downonthereef

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell but are the tips purple? I agree with @Lost in the Sauce on the pricing. I’d be hesitant if it’s any more than that especially off eBay.
The tips are purple, I just can't tell if it would be brighter under blues or if this is under blues, the picture's quite hard to tell but the sand looks fairly white

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back