Torch coral not looking good?

Bradsreeeftank

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2013
Messages
760
Reaction score
6
Location
Reading, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a gold torch coral frag for 20$, acclimated it only for 10 minutes! ( not best idea) And now 40 minutes later its still pretty retracted? why? Where do i place it? I have pc lights, i no not really powerful but still keeps corals pretty happy. So how i do i place it and how much flow?
 
I would start out low light and gradually move to medium. Not sure what the place you bought it from has in lights but safe to start low. Low flow can increase to medium if when it comes out the tentacles should have a sway motion.

That was not that much time to acclimate. I acclimate for hours with drip system. I do not remove from acclimation tank until the lps or softie is open in what would be my tank water after that length of time.

It may be awhile if you have good water perimeters for the torch to acclimate to your tank. Be patient all you can do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new