Torch Coral split, now one head is dying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ewait
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ewait

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2022
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Queensland
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've had this torch for quite a while now and about 9 months ago it split. No signs of it being unhealthy during and post split, so I just kept my regular care routine for it the same.
Now about a month ago, one of the heads stopped inflating. I asked my local lfs staff about it and they said that their torches do that sometimes, but will always bounce back after a few weeks. Unfortunately now things have gotten worse and I fear that the one head may be dying. Any ideas as to why this might be happening to one head and not the other?

20220326_124827.jpg 20220326_124807.jpg
 
I have also just noticed a tiny bit of what looks like green hair algae (?) growing up against the torch. Could this be causing my issue?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new