Torch coral

sascoaquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I have had my tank for 2 and a half years and got into coral just over a month ago. I started with a zoa and a hammer which both did well (after a month) so I went back and bought another zoa and an elegance coral and after a week every thing was doing well so I went back and did a big shop because I decided everything was doing well and bought a frogspawn another hammer a torch coral and 4 zoas this was a week ago and everything is doing great one zoa hasn’t opened but I think it has to much flow so will be sorting that out but anyways what I was wondering was what you guys think about when to buy a gold torch as they are very expensive so don’t want to buy and then it dies so I was wondering if you think I should wait till December which would be about 6monthes of looking after coral or if they are very hardy? Thank you

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo, the date doesn't mean much of anything. It's all any stability.

You've got some good tester corals to work with. Now focus on stability all around in the Reef tank. Once your SG, Alk, NO3,PO4 are inline and you've got a system proven to be Stable, then look at you higher dollar stuff.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back