TORCH CORALS DYING NEED HELP PLS

clownlovers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So lately ive been having some issues with my reef tank. I switched up my rocks and disturbed the sand bed too much. My nem died, and a lot of other corals in my tank. Im new to reefing so quite honestly i made a newbie mistake and basically "started over". Fast forward my nitrates nitrites are 0, phos are low possibly zero as well I'm growing that red slime on rocks. my torches are bleaching and i don't know what to do to get my parameters right. Here's what they're at from just now. I want to add some vodka as per my LFS to lower alk. I normally dose fusion 1/2 and do a 25% water change weekly. But since i changed my rockwork i haven't done a WC. What do you recommend i do to fix my parameters? (My tank is a 14.4 Gal Cube, I have a hang-on back filter with charcoal, AI prime light)

SALINITY: 1.026
MAG: 1320
NITRATES: 0
NITRITES: 0
ALK/DKH: 10.416 (186)
CALCIUM: 490
PHOS: 0.03

IMG_7390.jpg IMG_7391.jpg IMG_7392.jpg IMG_7393.jpg IMG_7394.jpg

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dose Neo-Nitro (or whatever) to bring nitrates upwards and “in balance” with your phosphate which is fine now. But slowly.
All others parameters look good to me.
Ensure no flux in Alk (or more than .5dkh in 24 hours, up or down) this will aid to stabilize your water chemistry, and PH. I like high ALK, higher nutrient system, so 10-11dkh, fine.
Ensure any water changes reflect that Alk target number which again, aids stability.
When water chemistry is rock solid it’s not as much about levels of anything (within reason) it about how much they change say within 24 hours.
The less, the better and the faster everthing moves forward.

I’d make no other change for a month.
I wish you success!

Upvote 0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back