Torch corals in high PAR?

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2022
Messages
1,310
Reaction score
1,120
Location
Broomfield
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 65 gallon tank has a little torch garden about halfway up my rockwork where I expected to be getting medium light.

Once I finally checked the lighting with a PAR meter I realized by SPS area was only 200 PAR in the center area and 300 in the other two zones. The problem is that the Torch garden is at 250 PAR.

I read that the range for torches was 100-250 PAR and I would like to increase the PAR in my SPS zones so that peak areas hit 400+ but most areas are 250-350.

I don't want to move the Torch garden since it's in a great spot aesthetically and has the right flow.

Have others had success keeping torches in very high PAR normally recommended for SPS?
 
My current torches sit between 300-400 depending on time of day. I did acclimate them slowly to the higher par. I've got a 50+head dragon soul, 6 head NY Knicks, and 4 head master sitting at those par.
 
They can take 400 PAR no problem. That's right about where my Dragon Soul is right now. Might just take some to acclimate.
 
I have had success with my dragon soul in 180… from 1 head to 3.5 in about a year
 
My current torches sit between 300-400 depending on time of day. I did acclimate them slowly to the higher par. I've got a 50+head dragon soul, 6 head NY Knicks, and 4 head master sitting at those par.
Did they get brighter colors?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new