Torch diseased, splitting, or???

  • Thread starter Thread starter buckeye
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

buckeye

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
39
Reaction score
51
Location
Orlando
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed torch looking weird near dusk last night, and again tonight. Was fully open and ate today, looks perfectly normal during day. Looks almost like a white coating on whole stem. Both pics from today. It does appear to be going from 2 heads to 4. No parameters have changed, only change is I have been ramping up light schedule as I’ve added acros

IMG_2382.jpeg IMG_2383.jpeg
 
Good morning. It would be helpful to provide clearer pictures under whites, as it is very difficult to discern anything from these pics. I'm also gonna tag @Rocks reef here individually, as I trust his knowledge with Euphyllia sp. implicitly.
 
The flesh band is growing down the skeleton, which is a good thing!
Euphyllia will close like that when they are splitting or expelling waste. If it were receiving too much light, it wouldn’t expand all the way and it would slowly lose color as it expels its zooxanthellae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new