Torch Flesh band

  • Thread starter Thread starter gabelex14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gabelex14

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2026
Messages
96
Reaction score
49
Location
Mansfield
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a question about torches. I have 6-8 different torch pieces in my tank. Some of them have a fully extended, healthy fleshband. And then I have a couple others that have a smaller, not as puffy fleshband. Some of the torches with a concerning flesh band recently had a head split. Oddly enough I have hammers with long, full bands that I have no concern about.

My parameters are as follows
SG 1.025
PO4 .05
Nitrate 8ppm
Calc 430
Mag 1320

I'm dosing AFR and Isol8 MT three drops a day. The polyps are full, extended with sweepers and colored up. PAR in some areas gets to around 180. That would be the only point that I could think would be off. Thoughts?
 
Do you have photos?

What kind of flow are they getting?
 
I'll get a video. I think it's solid. I'll let you take a look
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new