Torch/hammer or frogspawn for first lps?

spamvicious

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2022
Messages
634
Reaction score
226
Location
Yorkshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wanting to add one of the above but was wanting to know which is the best out of them for a beginner.

Also if anyone has any comments or critique on current coral placement. I have some zoas on the sand. Toadstool top middle, Kenya to the right of that and a devils finger and some GSP on the sand at the back.

IMG_1863.jpeg
 
I would say frogspawn is slightly more forgiving in placement, but they are all basically the same.

Personally I would get the torch first, because they can grow the largest, and it’s easier to find a good spot now while more area is available, then plan around the torch.

Frogspawn/hammer - sandbed, medium to low flow

Torch can be mounted to the top of the rocks in higher light and higher flow
 
I would say frogspawn is slightly more forgiving in placement, but they are all basically the same.

Personally I would get the torch first, because they can grow the largest, and it’s easier to find a good spot now while more area is available, then plan around the torch.

Frogspawn/hammer - sandbed, medium to low flow

Torch can be mounted to the top of the rocks in higher light and higher flow
Great thanks. I didn’t realise they could go on the sandbed. Gives me more options.
 
As long as the polyps are not touching sand it will be ok. Provided the flow is low to medium and lighting is decent

Torch can even go in the sand to but in my experience they like to be more elevated. You can use frag stands if you wish. I’ve had good results with torches on them
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new