Torch ID Question

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
There's a torch at my LFS right now that seems to be mislabeled as a hellfire torch. It has gold stripes on the tentacles, and the top quarter of the tentacle is neon green with neon green tips. Is this a type of dragon soul? What would you classify it as?

This picture doesn't really capture the golds and the neon green, but just gives an idea:

Torch ID.png

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's definitely a gold variation.

With that said there have been so many come in and so many names it's hard to say exactly.

But green tips with a green mouth with gold streaks in tenticles do point towards dragon soul variation.

Nice torch ;)

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just com

With that said there have been so many come in and so many names it's hard to say exactly.

But green tips with a green mouth with gold streaks in tenticles do point towards dragon soul variation.

Nice torch ;)
Hey everyone,
There's a torch at my LFS right now that seems to be mislabeled as a hellfire torch. It has gold stripes on the tentacles, and the top quarter of the tentacle is neon green with neon green tips. Is this a type of dragon soul? What would you classify it as?

This picture doesn't really capture the golds and the neon green, but just gives an idea:

Torch ID.png
Just come up with a cool funky name and sell it 5x for what you paid for it. :winking-face:

OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nice torch ;)
Thanks, that's kind of what I was leaning towards. Pretty sure this one was a mariculture or wild piece, so not really any lineage on it. It's selling for $140, does that seem high for a dragon soul these days?

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, that's kind of what I was leaning towards. Pretty sure this one was a mariculture or wild piece, so not really any lineage on it. It's selling for $140, does that seem high for a dragon soul these days?
Looks nice but If it’s mariculture I’d pass. Should b able find a quality aquaculture pc from sales past.

OP
OP
BranchingHammer

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice but If it’s mariculture I’d pass. Should b able find a quality aquaculture pc from sales past.
Very true, the one thing that makes it a little more attractive is that it has been living in the LFS tank for a few months and has looked healthy, so I'm not worried about a transition like a mari acro or something. But I was definitely looking at some of the for sale threads too...

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very true, the one thing that makes it a little more attractive is that it has been living in the LFS tank for a few months and has looked healthy, so I'm not worried about a transition like a mari acro or something. But I was definitely looking at some of the for sale threads too...
If u been creepin on it for few
Months now and it’s healthy I’d give it shot then.

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Torch ID.png
Nice torch, I don’t worry with all the diff spin offs, if it’s beautiful then buy it. Lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back