Torch looks weird, take a look please!

mcgallagherc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2022
Messages
331
Reaction score
195
Location
Mobile, al
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took tonight using a flashlight looking for bristleworm and knoticed this on torch.

20230408_234139.jpg 20230408_234144.jpg 20230408_234033.jpg 20230408_234026.jpg
 
Those are large flatworms, I would dip it asap and inspect your other corals
 
Yes that is lps eating flatworm and will wipe out your lps one by one. They lay eggs on the base of the coral so you will need to dip coral and remove as many eggs as you can get too. I use tooth brush and bone cutter to scrape if needed. It's best to redip around every 3 to 4 days to catch newly hatched ones. 2 to 3 dips should be suffice.

I use a combo dip of revive and iodine. Highly recommend it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new