Torch question

lou dog420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a torch that has 2 heads. About a month ago half of one of the heads shriveled up a bit and got really light colored, almost white. Now the whole head is like that. Not dead, but almost white. Any ideas what's going on here?? Before this happened it seemed to be very healthy.
photo.JPG

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like major tissue recession; could be caused by a bacteria, or even a fungus or virus. Have you thought about putting it in a QT and treating with a wide spectrum antibiotic? I believe there are several commercial products that claim effectiveness. Would probably first remove any bad/damaged areas of the coral.

OP
OP
lou dog420

lou dog420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like major tissue recession; could be caused by a bacteria, or even a fungus or virus. Have you thought about putting it in a QT and treating with a wide spectrum antibiotic? I believe there are several commercial products that claim effectiveness. Would probably first remove any bad/damaged areas of the coral.
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I do not have a quarantine

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe find something claiming to be reef safe for your display tank; problem is some available can impact other organisms and water parameters so really pays to do your research. Good luck

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back