Torch Question

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question ,, well two :) I have a friend that had a one or two head piece of the Holy Grail Torch coral in his tank ,, I know nothing about torch corals ,, they were a coral that just never impressed me ,, I never ,, ever ,, wanted one for my tank ,, that was always true up until I saw his Holy Grail Torch ,, this was say ,, about a year or so before they started not importing corals from this region ,, should have bought one then :)

Long story short :) my friend lost his frag ,, I had thought after seeing his Holy Grail ,, I wanted one ,, then he lost it ,, that put a stop to me getting one ,, he is a better reefer than I am ,, but its never left my mind :) seeing that coral in person ,, makes an impression on you ,, you have to see it to get it :) I am guessing he lost it because his tank was geared towards keeping SPS corals ,, it was a healthy coral ,, up until it wasn't ,, ,, a low nutrient system ,, True or False ?

Second question ,, what kind of lighting does this coral like ? I kinda think I know ,, pretty sure I know ,, also pretty sure my system and soon to be second system ,, would leave me out of the picture for getting a head of this coral ,, my main system is like my friends ,, geared towards SPS corals :( my soon to be system ,, a Chalice tank ,, would most likely have the water the Holy Grail would like ,, just not enough light ,, I will have my Radions set at a pretty much all blue settings ,,

I see heads in the For Sale section ,, around $400 a head ,, sometimes ,, I have also seen them sell for 2 grand ,, those are still in the For Sale section :) I would pay this lol the $400 not the 2 grand ,, but don't want to buy one ,, just to kill it ,, I think what I need to do ,, is to just get this coral out of my mind ,, but if I can keep it in a lower light tank lol

Last edited:

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They like the levels of typical Euphyllia on the dirty side. By dirty side I don’t mean high nutrients levels, I mean dirtier then a sps dom tank. In my experience Euphyllia like Nitrates around 20ppm and phosphate between 0.02 & 0.08 ppm Medium light and medium flow.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 32.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 41 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 40 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back