Torch splitting

Joshua89111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the heads earlier closed up then opend now these two heads closed up is it splitting or stressed third pic is the torch a couple of days ago

IMG_2375.jpeg IMG_2377.jpeg IMG_2358.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Joshua89111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had feed reef roids and just tested the water with a api test kit and phosphate was off the charts i think that affected it i turned off my wave maker to the torch i feed the roids about two days ago

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High phosphate shouldn't be causing the problem, it more so affects coral with more skeleton. I guess though, if they are super high, maybe that's the cause of the problem, but I honestly don't know.

OP
OP
J

Joshua89111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High phosphate shouldn't be causing the problem, it more so affects coral with more skeleton. I guess though, if they are super high, maybe that's the cause of the problem, but I honestly don't know.
Yeah one of the heads closed up then opend back thoes two closed and opened up idk what its doing

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had feed reef roids and just tested the water with a api test kit and phosphate was off the charts i think that affected it i turned off my wave maker to the torch i feed the roids about two days ago
The API phosphate test is no good for our hobby, it’s not precise enough for our needs. Just disregard the API test and invest in a good quality phosphate tester. Salifert and hanna are good.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back