Torch splitting

Joshua89111

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2024
Messages
81
Reaction score
29
Location
bonaire
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the heads earlier closed up then opend now these two heads closed up is it splitting or stressed third pic is the torch a couple of days ago

IMG_2375.jpeg IMG_2377.jpeg IMG_2358.jpeg
 
Torches can split, but very slowly. It does not happen quickly like an anemone. A way you can tell if it is dying is if you can see an exposed skeleton.
 
I had feed reef roids and just tested the water with a api test kit and phosphate was off the charts i think that affected it i turned off my wave maker to the torch i feed the roids about two days ago
 
High phosphate shouldn't be causing the problem, it more so affects coral with more skeleton. I guess though, if they are super high, maybe that's the cause of the problem, but I honestly don't know.
 
High phosphate shouldn't be causing the problem, it more so affects coral with more skeleton. I guess though, if they are super high, maybe that's the cause of the problem, but I honestly don't know.
Yeah one of the heads closed up then opend back thoes two closed and opened up idk what its doing
 
I had feed reef roids and just tested the water with a api test kit and phosphate was off the charts i think that affected it i turned off my wave maker to the torch i feed the roids about two days ago
The API phosphate test is no good for our hobby, it’s not precise enough for our needs. Just disregard the API test and invest in a good quality phosphate tester. Salifert and hanna are good.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new