Torch stinging torch

DonJuanAntwon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pink tip torch that I’ve had for awhile with no problems. I got a black light torch online (he was way bigger than I thought he’d be) and he’s definitely stinging everything in his way. I had to move all my hammers over and I moved my pink tip torch over a little. The pink tip is still closed up a little bit should I move him farther away? Or see how it goes over the next day? I didn’t think the torches being too close would be a problem but it seems the pink tip is being affected. Is is that they’re two different torches that there’s a fight between them?

Last edited:

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This strikes me as unusual, though I'm not a torch expert. @MERKEY
Only thing I could think of is one is indo and the other aussie? But from my knowledge torches of the same species should be fine together. Is there possibly livestock irritating it?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I had torches sting each other but it’s very rare. One was growing aggressive and the other was just hangin out. You could clearly see the tentacle attached to the other torch, then that other torch would recede. I never lost coral from the stinging but I’ve heard from others that the sting could be fatal for some coral.

OP
OP
D

DonJuanAntwon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing I could think of is one is indo and the other aussie? But from my knowledge torches of the same species should be fine together. Is there possibly livestock irritating it?
I have two clownfish, a shark nose goby, and a yasha goby. I haven’t noticed any fish even going near them.

OP
OP
D

DonJuanAntwon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I keep moving them farther apart? You can see the glue mark where the pink tip was before.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back