Torch sudden recession, pest ID? Alk?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NancyFish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NancyFish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2024
Messages
680
Reaction score
206
Location
conneticut
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll attach photos below. Pretty rough recession over the weekend, I’m thinking maybe from alk drop, but the photos look like there’s a pest flowing under the skeleton in 2 spots?

Our alk was running high, around 10.3, pretty stable for over a month (we had Dino’s and our alk consumption stopped for a bit) - stopped dosing and it took awhile before consistent intake started again, so I let it drift down naturally since. We’re back to 8.6 alk today. Wasn’t a major swing but again it went from alk number not moving to slowly dropping. Everything else has been consistent for the tank, no other LPs is bothered.

Any other advice or how to investigate it? Coral had coral rx and iodine dip 2 months ago, flesh seemed solid til now.

IMG_8827.jpeg
IMG_8825.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new