Torches

aznreef99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone knows what potential pests could have done this? A lot of my torches appeared to have huge bit marks on the skeletons. Tissues pretty healthy and polys extending pretty long. Picture not mine but for reference. I can’t seem to get a good picture.

IMG_1127.jpeg

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Anyone knows what potential pests could have done this? A lot of my torches appeared to have huge bit marks on the skeletons. Tissues pretty healthy and polys extending pretty long. Picture not mine but for reference. I can’t seem to get a good picture.

IMG_1127.jpeg
You got a blue tang? Mine was eating it and left marks like that

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torch stocks are so tank weathered its hard to say if the urchins bit into them. Nothing stands out but I know they grind off thin layers of rock because that is clearly obvious so not beyond reason for them to grind into a calcium skeleton while taking coraline off it or something.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_1127.jpeg

Have you had them a while? Are your torches still healthy and you are just wondering about those marks?

I ask because the only time I’ve seen that is on torches that were chopped/fragged, kinda like a scar, usually when it’s clear a torch was chopped when the heads were just barely split

Turkey head

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pencil urchin that does that to some corals in my tank. I moved the urchin to another tank. I put superglue over the exposed area to help prevent algae attaching or an infection. The corals have been fine since.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back