torches

Saltydog69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys. I have a very successful 100 gallon system. its 8 months old. everything is happy, except for my torches. icp test show great levels. I have good nutrient levels. I feed good and often. I don't understand why everything but torches would be doing good. 2 days ago I lowered the lighting to see if that was the problem.. I just don't understand. could anyone help me please haha.

alxrosco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have different type of torches, and I would say flow could be a problem. Either too strong, or no current. I have a 75 gallon, and they are placed at the bottom of the tank. I have had some for over 5 years now, and I don’t even feed them,…. Well, I have tried, but I don’t believe they take anything.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys. I have a very successful 100 gallon system. its 8 months old. everything is happy, except for my torches. icp test show great levels. I have good nutrient levels. I feed good and often. I don't understand why everything but torches would be doing good. 2 days ago I lowered the lighting to see if that was the problem.. I just don't understand. could anyone help me please haha.
Sometimes a full tank shot and short video of them can help.

What par do you have them under?

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you already ruled out water param as an issue, then it is either light or flow

Starr by testing what PAR its under and see if thats inside the safe range for torches.

OP
OP
S

Saltydog69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im trying to find a par meter right now. if I had to guess I would say they are around 100 to 150... im gonna have to spend the money and buy a meter I guess. sucks

OP
OP
S

Saltydog69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow can also be an issue and cheaper to diagnose..
I would think flow also but all my other lps are super happy, I have the right motion for them. very slight rocking back and fourth of the tenticles in all lps... two mp40s and random flow. ive tried more flow. less flow.. im just baffled at this.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think flow also but all my other lps are super happy, I have the right motion for them. very slight rocking back and fourth of the tenticles in all lps... two mp40s and random flow. ive tried more flow. less flow.. im just baffled at this.
Can you take a 30 second video of your torches and post it?

OP
OP
S

Saltydog69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of my system. I've never posted any pics or videos here so I'm kinda practicing for tomorrow's video of the torchs

Attachments

• 20210723_123300.jpg
    20210723_123300.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 41

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back