Torqu3d's Tideline AIO 20g Penn Thread

Torqu3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, here we are. First adventure into saltwater aquarium life. I live in an apt, so I wanted a smaller tank that I could move a bit easier in a year (hopefully buying a house, if the market isnt still a disaster).

Equipment -
Tideline AIO 20gal Peninsula (250gph Shallow Wave Return Pump)
AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite
SICCE Voyager Nano Stream Pump (270 GPH)
AI Prime 16HD Reef Light
PENN-PLAX Cascade 100w Aquarium Heater

Tank -
Saltwater Aquarium 06142022.jpg

Cycle - (WIP)
Saltwater Aquarium Cycle 2022.jpg

Stocking

Fish and Friends -
Beginner friendly fish. Probably will do just the normal beginner stock - 2 clowns, some type of fire fish, and some goby

Corals -
Literally no idea. I think I have 3 or 4mo to figure that out

Thats it for now. Feel free to flame (i can handle constructive criticism).

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that your ATO sensor in the tank? If so, it needs to go in the return pump chamber in the back. That's the only place that water level will change with evaporation.

Otherwise, looks good, and good luck!

OP
OP
Torqu3d

Torqu3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that your ATO sensor in the tank? If so, it needs to go in the return pump chamber in the back. That's the only place that water level will change with evaporation.

Otherwise, looks good, and good luck!
Well, that was a mess LOL. Didnt think to turn the power off before I took the sensor out the water. Luckily the fill line was still in the aquarium and not on the floor.

However, I did find that the pressure relief valve isnt stopping the tank from backfilling when the pump goes off, so it overfilled my RODI water bottle. So I gotta figure out if the high difference is too much or whats going on that the relief valve isnt working right.

OP
OP
Torqu3d

Torqu3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank finished cycled as of Thursday morning. I waited an extra 24 hours and re-tested. Was so happy to finally go over to my LFS and grab the 2 clowns I had my eye on.

Screenshot 2022-06-20 100747.jpg
IMG_1861.PNG

Picked up a Mocha Storm and Orange Storm = )

Got 2 blue leg hermit and 2 snails just to start the tank off with. All the fish and crew are happy happy as far as I can tell. The hermits went right to walking around and tossing sand around. The clowns seem to swim alot around the top of the tank, but from what Ive read and watched from youtube videos, that seems to be a normal thing.

So far so good.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back