Total controller newbie here and need some guidance

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be long. I'm getting my thoughts on "paper" as much as I'm asking for help.

Did a sumpless 29 for a year the upgraded to a 90g and ran that for 3 years before real life hit post college. Settled down now and ready to get back to it. Never had money or saw a need for a controller back then, now I'd like some piece of mind while I'm out of town for a week on business or the whole family is out on vacation for a week or two.

I have major concerns about tieing my lights(2×250w MH), heater, pumps, ato, and awc all into one device. Currently have an internal thermostat heater plugged into a 86* kill switch, lights into a basic timer, and a tunze ATO with the built on redundancy there.

I think what I'm really after is just monitoring capabilities more so than a controller. With that said do have a strong desire to setup AWC on this tank as well as an autofeeder.

Question 1: what autofeeders can I use with a Hydros, and is there a way to do this with redundancy by choosing a certain autofeeder?

Question 2: can I run a stenner dual head with a timer and use the hydros as a kill switch after running x minutes or something like that? If not what other ideas are out there?

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be long. I'm getting my thoughts on "paper" as much as I'm asking for help.

Did a sumpless 29 for a year the upgraded to a 90g and ran that for 3 years before real life hit post college. Settled down now and ready to get back to it. Never had money or saw a need for a controller back then, now I'd like some piece of mind while I'm out of town for a week on business or the whole family is out on vacation for a week or two.

I have major concerns about tieing my lights(2×250w MH), heater, pumps, ato, and awc all into one device. Currently have an internal thermostat heater plugged into a 86* kill switch, lights into a basic timer, and a tunze ATO with the built on redundancy there.

I think what I'm really after is just monitoring capabilities more so than a controller. With that said do have a strong desire to setup AWC on this tank as well as an autofeeder.

Question 1: what autofeeders can I use with a Hydros, and is there a way to do this with redundancy by choosing a certain autofeeder?

Question 2: can I run a stenner dual head with a timer and use the hydros as a kill switch after running x minutes or something like that? If not what other ideas are out there?

I cannot recommend a certain brand autofeeder but yes the control can run any autofeeder that plugs into the wifi strip. You could set the Control to power the feeder only certain times per day and for a certain duration.

Yes again this is basically the same thing as above. You can set a schedule to your liking to power the Stenner dual head or for that matter have it act as a kill switch/ activate only certain times per day and or for a specific duration.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 134 59.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 80 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.1%
Back