Total eclipse of the sun

Max in dfw
4ba76f38106fb9d6aa4793cb838b6c0a.jpg
 
that was the stupidest thing i have ever seen. never got dark. looked just like it does during a thunderstorm. what a flop.
 
I was pretty disappointed at 80%....it gets darker during cloudy days :(

Yes, It was very odd that we still had light when just a small sliver of sun was still present... then just went completely dark as soon as the sliver was gone.
 
75.5% in Fort Worth, TX, glasses at the ready and off work today.

Looking forward to the April 8, 2024 total eclipse, we will be in the path of totality for that one!

I just put 4/9/2022 in my calendar to start booking a hotel :)

It'll be my 42nd birthday present.
 
I went to Columbia, SC to see the 100% eclipse. Definitely and awesome experience! Glasses weren't needed for the 2+ minutes of totality. We had glasses for the rest of it. I don't see how anyone could have been able to look at the non totality part without the glasses. It was unbearable and then suddenly dark.

I saw some planets show up and felt the temperature drop.
 
Watched it from my yard here in Lincoln NE. It was awesome. We had some cloud cover but still had an amazing view of it. At the point of total eclipse it had a deep purple color around it and was near totally dark here. Way cooler than I expected.
 
I did notice a temperature drop here when it happened. Been very humid lately. The other observation was we didn't have total totality here, probably 99%. The very small amount of light at that moment was a brilliant white light. Like a white 20000k led. Very cool.
 
Anyone here in its path? My work is providing glasses and each employee gets a "moon pie"! Lol

"See you on the dark side of the moon"
Do we work together?? lol!

Yes! Got to see the 100% total eclipse. Pictures just can't justify the beauty leading up. Or maybe I'm justifying the fact I didn't get any pictures. Either way it was amazing. The 360 degree sunset effect was amazing too!
 
Last edited:
Do we work together?? lol!

Yes! Got to see the 100% total eclipse. Pictures just can't justify the beauty leading up. Or maybe I'm justifying the fact I didn't get any pictures. Either way it was amazing. The 360 degree sunset effect was amazing too!


Maybe your HR talked to my HR? Lol

Haven't had a moon pie in years, wasn't bad. Lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 22.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new