Total Loss of Core7 shipment - this was the last straw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share that I recently ordered 5 sets of the 4x1000mL Core7 supplements from a reputable online retailer.

What I received was 14 cartons (attached photo shows the 14 cartons rather than 20 that were ordered), most of which were already drained, in a soaked bottom box with the original shipping label having been cut off the first box and retaped onto a new box with only 14 of the original 20 cartons. I had 6 cartons that survived intact, but zero were 3a components so essentially $250.00+ of retail supplements were reduced to nothing by the shipping process. And I really needed the stuff (why I ordered 5 because I knew the god awful milk cartons were a shipping liability) but now I have nothing to show for my purchase despite buying extra to hedge against damage. And the best part is the retailer is now out of stock on the product so I can't get any replacements sent even if I wanted them. I am fully transitioning to ATI supplements at the moment because at least I can get them in one piece....

This is it for me and Triton. I happily would've bought the 10L jugs as I've been waiting literally months for some to arrive but alas the ship seems to be turning circles in the atlantic and I couldn't wait any longer to get more supplement.

I blame UPS in part for this furiating situation, but I will say they are not going to change their rough handling practices simply because of a tiny product line in the tiny aquarium industry. I had ordered tons of the old school hdpe bottled sets before the changeover to cartons and I had zero fail from shipping so I think we know where most of the onus lies in this shipping damage development. I switched to buying 10L sets when the cartons debuted, but they don't seem to come stateside except once a millennium these days. Triton, the milk jugs were a colossal mistake, everybody in the industry knows it. I'm done with this product line and it saddens me because I really do love the product itself and the overall philosophy of the method. Had some great results using it, but I simply can't support a company whose product change to reduce plastic bottle waste requires so much extra packaging waste and destroys such a high percentage of said product which is already energy intensive to ship. I lament the futility of all the manpower, fossil fuels, raw material, etc when something as simple as 1 carton of a 4 part set leaks out during transit. It's been real, but this is where it ends for me and Triton.
core7leak2.jpg

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing, posts like this are steering me towards ATI Essentials.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think its the retailer or ups 's fault, Homeland security or type of agency is slicing open these boxes to inspect the contents. They did mine! only my box was oversize with a large area of peanuts surrounding the cartons so the razor knife did not slash the carton, it was all re taped (1/2 a roll) and inspection stickerd up when i recived it. Maybe retailers need to ship in foam boxes like out livestock........just saying.
Here is a question........ Is the foil lining type of carton trowing off there X-Ray machine Prompting the search?...Someone please invent a degradable plastic

OP
OP
rockskimmerflow

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think its the retailer or ups 's fault, Homeland security or type of agency is slicing open these boxes to inspect the contents. They did mine! only my box was oversize with a large area of peanuts surrounding the cartons so the razor knife did not slash the carton, it was all re taped (1/2 a roll) and inspection stickerd up when i recived it. Maybe retailers need to ship in foam boxes like out livestock........just saying.
Here is a question........ Is the foil lining type of carton trowing off there X-Ray machine Prompting the search?...Someone please invent a degradable plastic
Wow never heard of that. No inspection stickers I saw on mine, just looked like UPS pulled 6 busted cartons out and haphazardly reboxed it and cut the label off the old box. 8 more cartons broke after their rebox buts thats likely cause 14 heavy cartons in a box with no packing material or stuff to brace them were probably smashing around in there something fierce. Im actually surprised 6 cartons made it unscathed, just wish one was a 3a component to make at least one complete set for me to use.

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't Triton transitioning towards a powdered version over the liquid for reasons like this?

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a Triton user, I wish there was a way of sending the old plastic containers back to be recycled. Perhaps a few extra dollars to receive a prepaid return addressed label and then a small discount on the next order to reuse the plastic containers. I wouldn't mind a small cost increase to know that I am doing my part in cutting down on the plastic pollution plus I could be assured that the product would arrive intact.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I think if they continue to sell liquid versions they should be partially hydrated. They will have much less shipping loss and the box will weigh a fraction of what it weighs today. Then users can top off the containers with RO when it arrives. Its a win for all because the shipping costs to the companies will drastically decrease.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sad seeing threads like this, but it's a perfect example on how a company trying to save money ends up spending SOO much more. Hopefully Triton can stick it through losing so many customers, it's a great system and has worked so well for so many.

LowLi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all i see about is triton never being available or the boxes busting lol ati is the way to go seems like

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Baggage scanners wouldn't be stopped by a fraction of a mm thick foil layer in a carton. That said, there is no foil layer in the cartons that Triton are using, just plastic and cardboard.

blazeby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great Steve - how hard was it to switch to ATI from Triton? Did you simply use the ATI calculator for dosage? Thanks!

I switched to ATI at the beginning of the year for the same reason. Completely satisfied with ATI. I have had no problems ordering it through Marine Depot, although I keep plenty on hand just in case.
Here is a link to a youtube video of my tank if interested:

steve bergmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually it was very simple. The dosage I believe was very similar, just test and make minor tweaks to it. I use 5 ML instead of 10 ML for ATI parts 2 and 3. I used 10 ML for ATI part 1, since it is a powder the extra water made it dissolve easier. Remember though the parts are different between ATI and Triton so the Calcium and Magnesium are different numbers so don't mix ATI with Triton chemicals, you may get precipitation problems if you do.

Using 5 ML for 2 and 3 and 10 ML for part 1 the dose was pretty close to the same for me between Triton and ATI.

steve bergmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also want to note that I dose twice as much of part 1 as I do parts 2 and 3 since I used 10 ML. Keep in mind part 1 in ATI is part 3(a) and 3(b) of Triton

jack5746

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share that I recently ordered 5 sets of the 4x1000mL Core7 supplements from a reputable online retailer.

What I received was 14 cartons (attached photo shows the 14 cartons rather than 20 that were ordered), most of which were already drained, in a soaked bottom box with the original shipping label having been cut off the first box and retaped onto a new box with only 14 of the original 20 cartons. I had 6 cartons that survived intact, but zero were 3a components so essentially $250.00+ of retail supplements were reduced to nothing by the shipping process. And I really needed the stuff (why I ordered 5 because I knew the god awful milk cartons were a shipping liability) but now I have nothing to show for my purchase despite buying extra to hedge against damage. And the best part is the retailer is now out of stock on the product so I can't get any replacements sent even if I wanted them. I am fully transitioning to ATI supplements at the moment because at least I can get them in one piece....

This is it for me and Triton. I happily would've bought the 10L jugs as I've been waiting literally months for some to arrive but alas the ship seems to be turning circles in the atlantic and I couldn't wait any longer to get more supplement.

I blame UPS in part for this furiating situation, but I will say they are not going to change their rough handling practices simply because of a tiny product line in the tiny aquarium industry. I had ordered tons of the old school hdpe bottled sets before the changeover to cartons and I had zero fail from shipping so I think we know where most of the onus lies in this shipping damage development. I switched to buying 10L sets when the cartons debuted, but they don't seem to come stateside except once a millennium these days. Triton, the milk jugs were a colossal mistake, everybody in the industry knows it. I'm done with this product line and it saddens me because I really do love the product itself and the overall philosophy of the method. Had some great results using it, but I simply can't support a company whose product change to reduce plastic bottle waste requires so much extra packaging waste and destroys such a high percentage of said product which is already energy intensive to ship. I lament the futility of all the manpower, fossil fuels, raw material, etc when something as simple as 1 carton of a 4 part set leaks out during transit. It's been real, but this is where it ends for me and Triton.
core7leak2.jpg
Nothing separating the cartons? Thats on the shipper not UPS. Who does that?

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been really happy with ATI. They ship parts 3A and 3B as solids (as Triton now does) and in the same (just one jug of 3rd part) plastic container which makes it real easy.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back