Total Tank Capacity

RDK63

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Waterbox x 60.2 system that consists of a 36 gallon tank with the additional 24 gallon water filtration system under the tank totaling 60 gallons.
Once i have completed my system cycling and want to purchase my fish, am I limited to fish capacity only for a 36 gallon system or because all the water in the system totals 60 gallons , I can purchase fish that can fully developed thrive in a 60 gallon system? Newbie , just curious

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no it doesnt work like that. A fish tank size is usually based on how much it needs to swim around, its also very important in a reef tank that inhabitants have their own home/cave. If there is a shortage of homes for the fish, they will fight for territory.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Your total water capacity will be lower than 60 gallons. The sump might be only 60% full and your aquarium rock will displace water also. So your true total water capacity will probably be around 45 gallons.

More importantly, your fish capacity is really based on the display tank (36g). Now saying that, you can full stock your 36g if you have right systems in place to maintain the proper water parameters.

AF455067-2E2B-4808-9EBC-2343AF6C42A4.gif

OP
OP
R

RDK63

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Waterbox x 60.2 system that consists of a 36 gallon tank with the additional 24 gallon water filtration system under the tank totaling 60 gallons.
Once i have completed my system cycling and want to purchase my fish, am I limited to fish capacity only for a 36 gallon system or because all the water in the system totals 60 gallons , I can purchase fish that can fully developed thrive in a 60 gallon system? Newbie , just curious
Thanks, I have been watching you tube and going to some salt water local shops. I had a tank about 40 years ago so this is all brand new again and all new type systems. I have been told for my 36 gallon tank that i need about 40 lbs of rock. I am considering the caribsea life rock because it already has color and somehow has bacteria activation once its in water. I know it takes a long time for the system to cycle, that i remember. So , what is your advice for me possibly buying 2 each 20lb boxes(4 pieces each) to shape and fasten together with my structure? each box is supposed to have one cave, one donut, one arch and something else. I know they can be broken in shipping. so either buy online or in local shop. considering that with 30 lbs of CaribeaSea fiji pink sand. What glue /activator and epoxy would you buy to fasten the rock together that works on a dry rock on a table?

Back