Tour of my aussie reefs

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

below is a tour of my 6 aussie reef tanks explaining the type of equipment I run on each. Feel free to watch along, ask any questions and subscribe for more reefing videos :)

Thanks!
Sam

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the hobby, I see you have a couple things for top off alkalinity. Is that something thats essential? I have a AIO Nuvo 40. Do a 5g water change every sunday with red sea pro salt... I test my alkalinity every so often but it doesn't really move

OP
OP
samparker

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the hobby, I see you have a couple things for top off alkalinity. Is that something thats essential? I have a AIO Nuvo 40. Do a 5g water change every sunday with red sea pro salt... I test my alkalinity every so often but it doesn't really move
For a tank that size and age, no need. Water changes will take care of it for you. Once your tank establishes a little and your corals start to grow rapidly, the water changes alone may not be enough to supplement the alkalinity (and other nutrients) uptake. That's when you can looking into dosing or some other method :)

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a tank that size and age, no need. Water changes will take care of it for you. Once your tank establishes a little and your corals start to grow rapidly, the water changes alone may not be enough to supplement the alkalinity (and other nutrients) uptake. That's when you can looking into dosing or some other method :)
I sure do notice coral growth thats for sure. Ill keep an eye on it I guess

OP
OP
samparker

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure do notice coral growth thats for sure. Ill keep an eye on it I guess
Grab yourself a nice quality alkalinity test kit and log your findings. You'll soon see if your water changes are not keeping up :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back