Toys For Kids 2016! Let's make some kids happy!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you all! Just got back from shopping and those last donations really came in handy and right on time. We hooked the trailer up and started around 8. Just got back home and am exhausted but my heart is full.

Full because of the love of this community and honored to be able to be the one to go shop and see the smiles on the faces of kids and families.

I will have more info about how we're giving the gifts out and the giving days along with photos ASAP! For now I'm kicking back in the warm bed! It didn't get out of the 30's here today!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you all! Just got back from shopping and those last donations really came in handy and right on time. We hooked the trailer up and started around 8. Just got back home and am exhausted but my heart is full.

Full because of the love of this community and honored to be able to be the one to go shop and see the smiles on the faces of kids and families.

I will have more info about how we're giving the gifts out and the giving days along with photos ASAP! For now I'm kicking back in the warm bed! It didn't get out of the 30's here today!
Awesome!!! This initiative is one of the reasons why I LOVE being a part of this community!! I love the generosity and love that are part of the culture of R2R!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mr @revhtree :) if it wasn't for you all that money probably went to a live sale somewhere :eek:
Every year each year we reach our goal and so we will again in 2017.
Hereby me myself I like to thank all who donated and a big thanks to our sponsors for the raffles and for the MANY MANY members who BUMPED this thread day after day, with jokes and laughs we enjoyed it all.
Many kids and family will benefit from this but don't let your heart stop here, we know Christmas is right there, wish and pray for each of the kids that weren't fortuned this year but maybe next year to stay strong and don't give up their dreams.
We are done here and we all should be happy that we could do this some more than others but it's the thought that counts and pay forward the spirit.
Diesel will go on to his own local toy drive on Saturday and have a few other projected donations in pocket to hand off before I myself found a spot by a Christmas tree to look back as this was a great year again.
Thanks y'all ;)

bump3rb33tl3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a wonderful community we have here on r2r! My heart is full and my spiritual cup is overflowing :) Thank you to everyone who donated. Thank you @revthree for all you do!

I realize that there are many ways that we give back to our communities through out the year and in our own hometowns and I want to thank you as well, your name may not be reflected here, but Jesus knows your good will and thats what matters most!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we could see all of the wonderful smiles and lifted hearts from the children receiving toys they otherwise wouldn't have received. It's due to the wonderful community of this group and the tireless efforts of @revhtree. Our Lord has been so gracious in blessing us in ways we will never understand, it's called Unconditional LOVE. This is what we hope these children will know when they get their gifts, Unconditional LOVE!
Thank you for letting me be a part of this great opportunity.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Thank-you for putting in the time and making the effort to do it.

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the many reasons R2R is different! This community of saltwater enthusiasts are the most compassionate group I've ever met. I'm so proud to be a part of this outstanding community!! Job well done R2R!!

filbie70

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree thank you for what you have done in putting together this great forum but mainly taking the time to give back. Your toy drive reminds each of us to give back when we can and how Blessed we are. By definition, each of us are Blessed by having the opportunity to afford to participate in a hobby such as this. This hobby provides a challenge, it can provide a distraction when needed to avoid the reality of life, it can bring the family together, inspire an interest in chemistry, biology, economics (lol), and I am thankful for the ability God has granted to put a tank together over the last year which has taken me over 13 years to get back into. Thank you all for the support and guidance. From me, I wish you all a Merry Christmas! No matter your holiday or expression of the season/this time of year it all comes down to giving thanks, giving back, and being with those you love. God Bless

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let me start off by saying that it's hard for me to take any credit for this drive. To God be the glory and thanks to the many people like YOU who donated and made it happen.

I'll upload some shopping photos now and post them here!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take exception to the above statement about taking credit. For this to all happen in the first place, it takes organization, thought, implementation and then delivery. The past two drives I've been involved in have been extremely well organized, and then acted upon with all the buying and distributing. If it's not you, than someone else needs a good pat on the back and a "job well done!"

If it weren't for the above, and here's where I agree with you, we wouldn't have had all these generous donations.....a big thank you to all involved.

So please, humbly accept the gratitude and thanks for pulling this all together Santa David. Without you it wouldn't have happened.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I take exception to the above statement about taking credit. For this to all happen in the first place, it takes organization, thought, implementation and then delivery. The past two drives I've been involved in have been extremely well organized, and then acted upon with all the buying and distributing. If it's not you, than someone else needs a good pat on the back and a "job well done!"

If it weren't for the above, and here's where I agree with you, we wouldn't have had all these generous donations.....a big thank you to all involved.

So please, humbly accept the gratitude and thanks for pulling this all together Santa David. Without you it wouldn't have happened.

Well said and thank you. I would also like to thank the people who helped gather recipients information, buy toys, set up and give out!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my numbers from Rev today! The rest of you can just throw your numbers away, because mine are all winners. :eek: :D

bump3rb33tl3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my numbers from Rev today! The rest of you can just throw your numbers away, because mine are all winners. :eek: :D
Lol! I got my first batch of numbers as well. I should be getting one more batch. Looking forward to seeing the "Thank you's" roll out :)

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I hope so my friend, I hope so ;) as I don't won't to have un-happy friends :rolleyes:
I got my tickets as well but lost count by 740 but oh well what is there what I still need :D

TonapahNorth

Reefed In
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me start off by saying that it's hard for me to take any credit for this drive. To God be the glory and thanks to the many people like YOU who donated and made it happen.

I'll upload some shopping photos now and post them here!

Non nobis, domine, non nobis! Sed Nomini tuo da Gloriam.
Ps. 115:1
Yet, we still thank you. God uses you for his good works, my friend.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back