Trace elements

Tank Talker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too believe in water changes would replace all that corals need in the way of trace elements. I live to Western Australia and can get a whole ocean of clean water in 20mins. I work closely with Acro Al and followed him with 1000liter WC every two weeks in a 1250liter system. While this kept the nutrients very low the growth was slow compared to another mate (a scientist and reefer) who was following DSR and was not doing water at all. After two years of big WC I stopped. I started liquid carbon dosing to keep the nutrients low. But in the back of my mind I was worried about trace elements if I’m not doing water changes. I ran with ReaSea Color for a year between two Triton tests but didn’t see any change in coral. This is when Tony and I researched on making our own trace elements for our use. After see how our tanks have changed, we have so many reefers want to get their hands on our trace elements to try. I’m to trying to talk anyone in to buying something for their tank. I’m a reefer that has been pay the high prices for products that really don’t work for over 20 years. For all those guys that say that it is “snake oil”. I have never seen anyone give a product away for free and post it to you to try. It is costing me money, BEFORE you part with your money. I don’t want to tell you that it is the next big step in keeping corals, just try it and see the results.
https://www.facebook.com/procoralsolutions/posts/535387010143346
If you want more information, I will be happy to answer. Brian

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 175 72.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 45 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back