trace elements

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so my alk is at 8.4 my cal is at 450 my mag is at 1360 I bought ALL FOR REEF but what I see is that all for reef adds cal, mag, and alk at the same time so if my parameters are stable how do I add trace elements with out raising my three main supplements can I add fuel and then when my kh ,cal \, mag start getting depleted start dosing ALL FOR REEF. don't want parameters to go out of wako

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so my alk is at 8.4 my cal is at 450 my mag is at 1360 I bought ALL FOR REEF but what I see is that all for reef adds cal, mag, and alk at the same time so if my parameters are stable how do I add trace elements with out raising my three main supplements can I add fuel and then when my kh ,cal \, mag start getting depleted start dosing ALL FOR REEF. don't want parameters to go out of wako
You need to test alk at the same time for 3 consecutive days to determine your daily alk consumption. Then you will know what your dosing requirements are to maintain alk at your preferred level. The rest will fall in line based off alk consumption mainly.

OP
OP
sbazain

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to test alk at the same time for 3 consecutive days to determine your daily alk consumption. Then you will know what your dosing requirements are to maintain alk at your preferred level. The rest will fall in line based off alk consumption mainly.
ok so I only have two lps corals cause the tank just cycled so not much is being depleted my question is trace elements like iodine strontium manganese etc. I know ALL FOR REEF gives you all those trace element. but their stable how about the rest of the elements I can't add ALL FOR REEF cause is going to raise my cal, mag and alk meanwhile can I add just add elements that don't include cal, mag,and alk don't know if am explaining my self correctly

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so I only have two lps corals cause the tank just cycled so not much is being depleted my question is trace elements like iodine strontium manganese etc. I know ALL FOR REEF gives you all those trace element. but their stable how about the rest of the elements I can't add ALL FOR REEF cause is going to raise my cal, mag and alk meanwhile can I add just add elements that don't include cal, mag,and alk don't know if am explaining my self correctly
You should not be dosing anything on a new tank just weekly water changes is all that is needed. Once you get your tank stable and start growing a bunch of corals then dosing is needed in between water changes to maintain levels

Weekly water changes replenish alk, cal. Mag and all trace elements too

OP
OP
sbazain

sbazain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk has been stable at 9 no deepletion since tank was set its only been 8 weeks just wanted to know if it needed additional trace elements already did a 10 gallon water change

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk has been stable at 9 no deepletion since tank was set its only been 8 weeks just wanted to know if it needed additional trace elements already did a 10 gallon water change
Nope, nothing just weekly water changes. Once the tank is full of corals you will need to dose alk and cal and to a lesser degree magnesium. Trace elements get consumed in very small quantities and weekly water changes typically suffice to replenish them but at some point small trace element dosing is needed with heavily stocked tanks.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back