trachy coral closed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bugenar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bugenar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2025
Messages
195
Reaction score
69
Location
maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all my trachy has been closed for a few days, recently it was staying closed and not extending any polyps, but as of today it looks totally shriveled up.

^ As I was writing that I noticed my orange spotted rabbit fish picking at the trachy… so this post is now about if this thing will make it or not… it’s not super damaged but it’s “guts” we’re all out, and it hasn’t receded back to the skeleton yet but I fear its condition will just get worse.

I threw it into the sump until the rabbitfish is gone…
20260819_133530_5C0C639B-C781-4628-87BC-5C2430812F27.png
 
Corals can be more resilient than a lot of people give them credit for. Keep an eye on it and try not to move it around or stress it out much and it may turnaround and come back.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new