Trachy touching

Peter luu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it okay for them to touch each other and is it better to give them more space or can they somehow inflate around each other?

the light just came on full power an hour ago and not sure if they will inflate more as I just got the green and pink/red ( right ) yesterday and it wasn’t as big now than in the store when I brought it

75AADFBF-B4DC-4012-992D-13909ACDEFBF.jpeg

Solution
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't direct feed mine. I broadcast a mysis cube for the fish and If the corals catch some they do. I also broadcast red sea AB a few times a week and phytoplankton daily at night.
OP
OP
P

Peter luu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trachy on left was dropped or damaged somehow at the lfs and it was on sale so I decided to buy it and see if it would recover. Any idea if it would recover or will there just be skeleton on that side only?
I’ve had it in my tank for 4 days today.

Attachments

• 0618585A-5AC9-435B-ACBB-1EEB4916FC2B.jpeg
    0618585A-5AC9-435B-ACBB-1EEB4916FC2B.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 0

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trachy on left was dropped or damaged somehow at the lfs and it was on sale so I decided to buy it and see if it would recover. Any idea if it would recover or will there just be skeleton on that side only?
I’ve had it in my tank for 4 days today.
It won’t recover the exposed skeleton, but if it survives it will grow new skeleton up and over the old skeleton. It could go either way though, once they have tissue recession like that, it can be hard to stop it from continuing to recede.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Peter luu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won’t recover the exposed skeleton, but if it survives it will grow new skeleton up and over the old skeleton. It could go either way though, once they have tissue recession like that, it can be hard to stop it from continuing to recede.
Thank you! I guess all I can do is keep an eye and hope it doesnt get worst.
They said they had in their store for a couple months in their back frag tank for it to recover and decided to sell half price because they saw recovery so idk lol

guess we will see. I still love it

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Peter luu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That one has feeders out, so you should be able to get it to eat!
It was actually yesterday picture. I added two new trachy so I move it to the right corner

this is how it looks today.
I have been feeding each day and it has been accepting it and seeing lots of poop from the both mouths! So I think it’s doing pretty good if it’s eating and pooping lol

Attachments

• 87C2BA58-EDAA-4EC5-97FD-790BD9C1078B.jpeg
    87C2BA58-EDAA-4EC5-97FD-790BD9C1078B.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 0

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would happen if I over feed? Should I broadcast every 2 days? And spot feed every 2 or 3 days?
I'm not exactly sure but I have seen posts on here talking about it. I would think digestive blocks maybe? Trachys get most of their nutrition via their photosynthetic process. In the ocean they are not eating chunks of mysis daily. I think you would be better to keep it varied with direct feeding once or twice a week and broadcast once or twice to a week.

Upvote 0

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't direct feed mine. I broadcast a mysis cube for the fish and If the corals catch some they do. I also broadcast red sea AB a few times a week and phytoplankton daily at night.

Upvote 0
Solution

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back