What Acans?

pulpfiction

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2021
Messages
307
Reaction score
183
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these at a show.
- Are they different species if acans?
-can they touch each other?
-Do they need a rock to grow onto or can I just leave them in the sand and they'll continue growing?

IMG_4685.jpeg

IMG_4686.jpeg

Thanks
 
I would put them on a small rock so the sand doesn’t bother them

I placed all mine on a rock
IMG_7213.jpeg


And the ones with larger polyp went here
IMG_7271.jpeg
 
Micromussa, not Acanthastrea. If they are from Eastern Australia, they should be the same species (M. lordhowensis). Corals of the same genus generally should be fine near each other, and Micromussa is not a particularly aggressive genus, so they should be fine next to each other. You can do either way for placement; I have one on a rock and two in the sand in my tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new