Trachyphyllia ate my narsissus snail?!

mycograham

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2020
Messages
36
Reaction score
17
Location
Olympia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I noticed something in my green Trachyphyllia’s mouth, almost like it was having a hard time keeping it closed. Next thing I noticed was my narsissus snail was in its mouth! (See pic, sorry it’s kinda blurry) Anyone else had this happen? Fo you think it’s bad for the coral to have a shell inside of it? It has not spit it out yet as I am writing this the next morning. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

097089A7-1D67-4976-97D8-6C155FE988B4.jpeg
 
Usually if my scolys eat a snail then the shell gets spit up. However, in a case where I notice a shell that appears stuck but is visible I try to remove it with tweezers since it’s a choking hazard for the coral :)
 
Well.. that explains that. Haha. It turns out it was one of my cerith snails. And looks like it became lunch. Trachyphyllia 1, cerith snail 0.
 

Attachments

  • 6792441F-0D82-4570-9F10-FC0CBBA4A34E.jpeg
    6792441F-0D82-4570-9F10-FC0CBBA4A34E.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 64

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new