Trade in value

Davehla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone,
I live in Los Angles and have never "Fragged" my corals before. My Kenya Tree was finally out of control so I "trimmed" it today.

I was thinking about going to a LFS and seeing if they want to trade. What do you think I should ask for this huge frag that can be trimmed to a bunch of frags? (I'm looking for store credit value.)

Thank you!

image.jpeg

NeuroticAquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen people almost giving Kenya Tree away on Craigslist. I'm not sure that an LFS would give much. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know some ppl consider kenya tree a weed coral but you can try to get some credit at the LFS. I would not expect to get much $1-$3 per frag.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Doesn't hurt to try, but as already mentioned, it grows like a weed and many give it away.

Collinslice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At our store,(In Connecticut) we have someone that brings in a whole bucket full of kenya tree. We take what we can fit, and the rest goes in the garbage. He's doing this about once every 2 months. We don't give him store credit directly, but he definitely gets a few discounts here and there for the trouble.

OP
OP
Davehla

Davehla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I took my frag in last week and my local LFS gave me 20 gallons of talk and a $5 credit. All in all, $25 worth of goods. Fair trade I think

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back