Transfer kessil wifi dongle to new router

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had to purchase a new router.

Is there a way to transfer the dongle and setting to the new router. Or am I gonna be forced to write down my scheduals and do a hard reset, and go through the setup process from scratch.

I saw something about logging into a social media account to save settings, but I don't have any, nor do I want any.

This may also be the good time to transfer control of the kessils over to the apex controller.

OP
OP
Biglew11

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#5 save settings to logged in account (appears to only be to a social media account Facebook, twitter,
google.
#4 log in to social media account (I have no social media account I DON'T want a social media account and I don't have internet access at home) if I need the internet I use my phone.

call me old school or whatever, but I still like all my settings and back ups and stuff under my control.

I'm going to have to get creative with the new router to even get access to the wifi dongle (new network name and password and stuff)

taken from manual.
1 Social Media Photo
2 Edit Username
3 Edit Time Zone
4 Log In / Log Out
Logs in or out of social media account
5 Backup to Cloud
Saves current settings and programs to logged-in account. Device needs to be connected to the internet.
6 Restore from Cloud
Downloads saved settings and programs to AP9X / Dongle. Device needs to be connected to the internet.
7 Notification
8 Demo Mode
When Demo Mode is turned on, any adjustments will not be saved. After 5 minutes of inactivity, light will automatically revert back to the settings/programs prior to Demo Mode. This is designed for retail stores to allow customers trying out the control and functions.
9 About
Information about the AP9X(s) / WiFi Dongle(s) and connected lamp(s)
10 User Manual
11 Reset App
The connected lamp profiles, saved color and programs will be removed.

OP
OP
Biglew11

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it done.
I went into the new router and gave it the original routers name and password.

The dongle conected just fine. I was able to log in to the dongle and write down my timing schedule. Luckily I only had around 9 time slots to copy down.

I went back into the new router and gave it back it's own name and password.

Then I reset the dongle. Then went through the original setup process. And copied the time schedules I wrote down.

Not to bad, but it's much nicer to have a web browser based interface that you can log into an iP address to make changes to settings.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back