OP
OP
fredro

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!!! The fuge light... I cannot say enough good things about this light!!! EVERYONE should have one.

OP
OP
fredro

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1429110774.151294.jpg

OP
OP
fredro

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a third MP10w across the back. It's not a QuietDrive for now, but I'll likely upgrade the driver in the future, when I have $50 to burn.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429743640.892301.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429743665.936381.jpg

OP
OP
fredro

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also contemplated adding but a third Radion Pro on another RMS mount over the tank and rotating the lights 90 degrees for optimal coverage. Wondering if anyone out there has run 3 Radions over a 48" tank...

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! :)

OP
OP
fredro

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The acans have been doing much better since I moved my sexy shrimp into the refugium. I had suspected they were not only stealing the food that they'd catch, but also eating the corals themselves.

g6gang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also contemplated adding but a third Radion Pro on another RMS mount over the tank and rotating the lights 90 degrees for optimal coverage. Wondering if anyone out there has run 3 Radions over a 48" tank...

I have the same tank but different lights. Curious you want to add a third. Do you have wide angle lense? Do you have some shadows on the edges. I saw two kessils over the same tank and it had awesome uniform coverage.

I have a valley rock design as well but ran it long ways so I can look down the valley as I worked next to it at my desk. I was going to flip the other way like you have but was wondering about optimal flow. I just switched to one gyre vs 2 MP 10 and love the wide path of flow on this size tank.

Your tank Looks awesome..jealous how clean it looks.

uploadfromtaptalk1429750854214.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1429750883261.jpg

I have the same tank but different lights. Curious you want to add a third. Do you have wide angle lense? Do you have some shadows on the edges. I saw two kessils over the same tank and it had awesome uniform coverage.

I have a valley rock design as well but ran it long ways so I can look down the valley as I worked next to it at my desk. I was going to flip the other way like you have but was wondering about optimal flow. I just switched to one gyre vs 2 MP 10 and love the wide path of flow on this size tank.

OP
OP
fredro

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks! My tank isn't all that special, I look around at so many of these tanks and wish mine could look like that. Your tank is really nice! It doesn't look too dirty. I did see a little algae on the sand, but besides that, it looks beautiful!

As far as the lights go, I have Wide Angle lenses on both fixtures. I put them on because of the shallow depth of the tank and the inability to adjust the light height w the RMS mount. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the lights and the mounts! I installed them in an effort to reduce the shadows and increase the overall spread of the LEDs. I do think that they helped overall. The idea of the third light would be another effort to decrease the shadowed areas and really bathe the tank in light. This also comes as I am filling the tank with more SPS and cutting back on the LPS. I'm looking to go with a SPS dominant tank with a nice little Zoa Garden down below. I feel that my initial idea of the two islands is getting overwhelmed by corals, as the real estate is lacking and I'm in need of more rockwork to mount corals. I have been looking at a lot of these "high-end" tanks and trying to see what it is that they have that makes their tanks stand out and what I can mimic in my tank. I have found that for my taste in aquascaping and layout, one of the main thing that all these tanks had in common was a decent amount of bare white sand. I gotta get some more nice pieces of rock and get these extra frags out of the sand and off the ground. IMO a nice clean white sandbed is a major factor to a visually pleasing reef.

If I could say that I have a reef that I idolize, it would have to be Steves Oregon Reef. (www.oregonreef.com)
I want to have something that looks a little like this...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429753390.310712.jpg

But then again, who wouldn't?!

OP
OP
fredro

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430883068.983520.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430883088.934206.jpg

Gonna try this out for a few weeks. This will be the deciding factor in what lighting I go with. 3 Radion Pros, the ATI SunPower 8x54w alone, or a hybrid of both. Time to see how the tank responds.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

OP
OP
fredro

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE EcoTech and ALL of their product. Their staff and customer service is the best out there. I would never bash them or their products, but in my personal situation, it seems that at the least, a T5 supplement is required. I'm getting shadows, possibly because the tank is so shallow and the lights are on RMS mounts, which j can't raise up, to disperse the spread. The Wide Angle Lenses helped a little, but not much. I can say that I definitely miss certain things about the Radions, like the Blue LEDs slowly ramping up and down, dusk to dawn, and the lack of heat given off. For the first time with this tank, I has the temp go up to 82 and had to find my old fan from my last tank and write a code for it on an Apex Outlet to cool it off. I didn't miss those days. I would love to make a serious hybrid fixture out of this SunPower with Radions, but I HATE to butcher a perfectly good $800 light, for something that I'm not 100% positive will be EXACTLY WHAT I WANT. Even though I know that the work will be don't immaculately and if I do it, it will look like ATI produced it that way. I just can't pull the trigger on cutting it up. Also, I like having 8 bulbs to play with, if I cut it up, I will have 4, maybe 5, if I get fancy, but having the Radions not be directly in the center would drive my OCD up the wall! Decisions, decisions.

OP
OP
fredro

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with 3 Radion Pros. I wasnt getting the results i wanted w the t5 sadly.

OP
OP
fredro

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update...

I ordered a Vertex 1.5L ZEOvit reactor as part of the ZEOvit Starter Kit, through BRS. I also ordered a Vertex Rx-U 1.5L Universal Media Reactor for Activated Carbon, which will replace my BRS GFO/Carbon Reactor, seeing GFO is not recommended with the ZEOvit System. To go along with the hardware, I ordered about 7-8 of the KZ blue bottles of supplements, which seemed to be the most commonly used and popular supplements when looking at other successful ZEOvit tanks.

I will also be removing the Refugium section of the sump. I'm
not sure if I will fill the section with rubble for more surface area for bacteria and to house Copepods, or if I will put a frag rack down there and get a Kessil a160we to replace my h150 purple spectrum. Also... The UV is going offline and being removed as per the ZEOvit hide recommendations. I'm actually getting excited to replumb the system... Kinda wish I had ordered a few sections of colored PVC to make it all fancy.

Any opinions, experiences or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
fredro

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Little updated shot. Started running ZEOvit and I've been happy as hell with the results!!!

Recently got a frag pack from Adam at BattleCorals and I couldn't be happier... so happy in fact, that I ordered another frag pack tonight!!!

image.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back