Transparent Worm with weird mouth

ehap.spam

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2023
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
Location
grand rapids, mi
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed a transparent/translucent worm on my glass. It's not big, maybe half an inch. It also has odd looking mouth parts. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • 20230428_223305_1_1.mp4
    6.5 MB
That is not a worm! At least, I'm about 95% sure that's actually a sea cucumber, based on those radiating mouthparts. Harmless scavenger-grazer type, if so.
 
I noticed a transparent/translucent worm on my glass. It's not big, maybe half an inch. It also has odd looking mouth parts. Any ideas?
Looks like baby medusa worm which eats debris and particulate matter
 
That is not a worm! At least, I'm about 95% sure that's actually a sea cucumber, based on those radiating mouthparts. Harmless scavenger-grazer type, if so.
You're right! The mouth parts do look super similar. That's a really cool hitchhiker if it is
 
Looks like baby medusa worm which eats debris and particulate matter
You're also right. And apparently Medusa worms are legless sea cucumbers. I've seen around that they could be good or bad. However I have a hermit in the tank so I expect that he'll find it eventually.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new