Treating intestinal parasites in DT

ReefSlice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 clownfish have started acting a bit strange recently. Theyve been hiding a lot especially when I come up to the tank, and even during feeding, to the point that the male is hardly eating and the female gets enough but just isn't acting her gluttonous self. I saw some white stringy poop from the male so I'm going to go ahead and treat them for parasites as the male is getting skinny. Can I treat for this safely in my reef or do I have to start another QT to safely do this? My QT is in use right now so Id have to get another tank. What would be my best option here? Thanks for any help, really don't want to lose these fish, I added a wrasse without QTing a few months ago and it passed, I'm guessing thats where the parasites came from.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 clownfish have started acting a bit strange recently. Theyve been hiding a lot especially when I come up to the tank, and even during feeding, to the point that the male is hardly eating and the female gets enough but just isn't acting her gluttonous self. I saw some white stringy poop from the male so I'm going to go ahead and treat them for parasites as the male is getting skinny. Can I treat for this safely in my reef or do I have to start another QT to safely do this? My QT is in use right now so Id have to get another tank. What would be my best option here? Thanks for any help, really don't want to lose these fish, I added a wrasse without QTing a few months ago and it passed, I'm guessing thats where the parasites came from.

You can treat in your reef. Make sure you mix metroplex and focus into your food. The focus helps bind the meds to the food. It's also not a bad idea to run carbon during treatment. Just in case any metro leaches into the water column, it will take care of it.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 165 73.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 38 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.2%
Back