Treating with Copper Power and PraziPro?

Myers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I will be completing 30 days of treating my main display fowlr tank with Copper Power at 2.5. Wondering if it is safe to start the treatment of PraziPro immediately? I plan to do a large water change, but I know that even after my Copper reading will be at 2.0. If I need to wait, what is the target copper level I should try to achieve before I dose with PraziPro?

I had a nasty case of velvet go through my system and wipe out a large number of fish. Since I had to treat to main tank with Copper, thought I should just go ahead and do a Prazi treatment incase of any flukes.

Thanks!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I will be completing 30 days of treating my main display fowlr tank with Copper Power at 2.5. Wondering if it is safe to start the treatment of PraziPro immediately? I plan to do a large water change, but I know that even after my Copper reading will be at 2.0. If I need to wait, what is the target copper level I should try to achieve before I dose with PraziPro?

I had a nasty case of velvet go through my system and wipe out a large number of fish. Since I had to treat to main tank with Copper, thought I should just go ahead and do a Prazi treatment incase of any flukes.

Thanks!
We're in the same boat but I'm about 3 weeks ahead of you. When asked,I believe Jay advised to drop the copper down below half therapeutic dose before starting another medication. Better to be almost all out first.

OP
OP
M

Myers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Did you notice any scraping in the last week(s) of your treatment? I am seeing some of my tangs scraping, but have zero signs of irritations. Didn't know if prolonged exposure to Copper Power could irritate the skin after a long treatment.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back