treating with general cure

dwint

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm treating a scorpion in a 20 gallon and i figured i should put my maroon clown in also since they were in the big tank together.Now i have two fish not eating.I don't know if the clown caught whatever the scopion has or if it lost it's appetite from the meds?I received my wart skin frog and it's in the big tank alone.After treatment in 20 i'll be switching them around.The 20 was for the frog but had to use for a hospital.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm treating a scorpion in a 20 gallon and i figured i should put my maroon clown in also since they were in the big tank together.Now i have two fish not eating.I don't know if the clown caught whatever the scopion has or if it lost it's appetite from the meds?I received my wart skin frog and it's in the big tank alone.After treatment in 20 i'll be switching them around.The 20 was for the frog but had to use for a hospital.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

What disease are you treating them for?
General Cure does not really cause fish not to eat.
Can you post a video of the fish, and give us the water quality measurements?

Jay

OP
OP
D

dwint

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

What disease are you treating them for?
General Cure does not really cause fish not to eat.
Can you post a video of the fish, and give us the water quality measurements?

Jay
my scorpion hasn't ate in 10 days but last week i saw him poop long and stringy so i'm hoping for the best.Everything is at o.My water temp is 76 ph 8.2 and salinity 1.020.Fish looks fine just won't eat.I also gave it a mild epson salt bath and his skin is shedding.videos arent working for some reason.

Attachments

• 20230726_175702.mp4
    39.5 MB
  • 20230726_175826.mp4
    4.8 MB
Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my scorpion hasn't ate in 10 days but last week i saw him poop long and stringy so i'm hoping for the best.Everything is at o.My water temp is 76 ph 8.2 and salinity 1.020.Fish looks fine just won't eat.I also gave it a mild epson salt bath and his skin is shedding.videos arent working for some reason.

I can see the videos. Unfortunately, they don't tell me anything, both fish look pretty good.
Ammonia is at zero? What test kit are you using?

I'm not sure where you heard about Epsom salt baths, but don't do that. That is a freshwater fish cure that got misapplied by some people for marine use. Epsom salts are magnesium sulfate, and that is the fourth most common salt in our seawater mixes. Adding a little more in a bath does not do anything.

Jay

Back