which tank

dwint

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 set up with a gold stripe maroon clown and a scorpion fish.I saw the scorpion poop and it was long and stringy and now i'm treating him in a 20 gallon with general cure.Should i put the clown in the medicated tank for precation?The clown seems fine and is eating.The clown is ok with the scorpion ,they don't even go near one another.

Last edited:

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What has the scorp been eating? Has it been eating? There are a number of causes to white stringy poop. It would be good to be sure on the cause, as scorps aren’t great with meds.

If it were me, I would want to treat everyone to be safe (once confirming infection).

OP
OP
D

dwint

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What has the scorp been eating? Has it been eating? There are a number of causes to white stringy poop. It would be good to be sure on the cause, as scorps aren’t great with meds.

Hasn;t ate in 8 days.Looks good but just not eating.I hope my 75 gallon isn't infected.I did give it a 10 min ebson salt dip and now looks like he's sheding.Skin is falling off him after the ebson salt bath.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a 75 set up with a gold stripe maroon clown and a scorpion fish.I saw the scorpion poop and it was long and stringy and now i'm treating him in a 20 gallon with general cure.Should i put the clown in the medicated tank for precation?The clown seems fine and is eating.The clown is ok with the scorpion ,they don't even go near one another.
Please post pics or video under white lighting of the scorpion fish as it can be many things and there are signs to look for such as pinched belly and thinning. Mucus feces does not signify anything as signs do. Can be idiopathic or dietary from fatty foods as well as Coccidia, poor diet, starvation as example.
Is fish eating and what foods are being offered.

OP
OP
D

dwint

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If it were me, I would want to treat everyone to be safe (once confirming infection).
I put the clown in the medicated tank and it stopped eating so i don't know if it's the meds or he caught what the scorpion has.

OP
OP
D

dwint

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could just be stress from the move at this point. Keep trying to feed.
clown is eating again but not the scorpion.Sunday is day six on meds also 14 days without eating.I guess it's not going to eat and will die.I have never saved a sick fish.I don't know why he won't eat.I saw stringy poop and did the epson salt.

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is the scorpion

Hi, there seems to be some confusion with your posts - you have two threads on the same topic - that is bound to get confusing. Then, I found your answer to my questions in the other thread in a thread, unrelated thread:

You wrote:
"yes ammonia is at zero.I have three test kits and all new"

We can help you through this, I know you are new here. Lets keep this thread the active one.

Jay

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back