OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah same as cipro. One pill to 10/G. I use 1/2 to 10/G now.

If he is normally 10" then he's definitely struggling. Doesn't look horrible though.

she normally get around 10 in in diameter it been like that for the pass 4 month at first i was thinking she was doing anenome thing "wired stuff" but then i said it no normal and start doing online research and i found you so it on the my dt tank already i will buy the bactrim now tomorrow and how i do the treatment with bactrim it the same as cipro

javierbatista

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can i put a live rock in the holding than and treat the anemone and then put the live rock back in my DT with the anemome i will get the bactrim on Tuesday i hope it wont be too late i dont want it to die this its my first sick anemone in my tank

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I treat nems on rocks all the time. I've never had issues.

Causing minimal stress for some nems can mean the difference between life and death.

Omarvcash401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
can someone tell me what could be wrong with my rose bubbletip it was so big and nice 3 months ago it split and now i have 2 but both look like this short tentacles and not much of bubblestip

puebloreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so how do you get these meds they are prescription. do I just go to my vet and ask for prescription for these meds for my nem? I don't think my vet would do it for me

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so how do you get these meds they are prescription. do I just go to my vet and ask for prescription for these meds for my nem? I don't think my vet would do it for me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fish-Flox-c...148489?hash=item19e0599089:g:MHMAAOSwNSxVS28g

ebay. I use the 250mg tab size. I use (1) 250mg tab per 10 gallon TT per day with 100% water changes every night before lights out. Change water, add tab, lights out. A little more to it than that, you will want to read up on the procedure.

Ellery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an awesome thread and I read Minh's on RC as well. It makes me want to plan to build a totally anemone specific system with the 90 gallon I just resealed this winter. I have a 400 gallon system for SPS primarily so for you anemone experts out there do you recommend me to plumb the anemone tank into the same system or keep it separate? Also any suggestions on how to spec out a tank for a Ritteri/Magnifica and other anemones I can keep with it? I've had RBTA and LTs in the past fairly successfully but they decided to move on me after 8 years in the same spot and they got sucked up in powerheads :( so I never got any anemones anymore and focused purely on acros.

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your collective thoughts on prophylactic cipro treatment on h. magnifica and/or m. Doreensis? I've had one riterri and a few LTAs decline and die on me 2-3 weeks after purchase with all my water params looking good, adequate lighting and flow, to where the only explanation I can think of is unidentified disease or questionable collection practices. I've got a healthy looking ritteri in QT right now, under observation debating whether or not to proactively treat with cipro or hold off as long as it doesn't start declining.

reefingit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to the OP for making this thread. Very informative and inspiring. I have a couple of questions. You've stated that 50 percent water should be done daily. After the 50 percent water is done, how much of the Cipro should be added. 250 mg or half of that.
Another person responded on the thread that he does a 100 percent water change. Will that be better?
Thanks again for your help.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back