Tree coral and flow rate question

Mendozau89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there Reef2Reef.

I am 8 months into the hobby, so very new.

I’m having trouble discerning whether a coral is in a good spot or not. For now it’s only 2 corals trees I’m questioning.

The tank is a new set up and everything from the old tank was switched to the new so corals might still be getting used to the change.

I question the placement of these two corals because they are the only ones that have not opened. Another tree coral on the opposite side of the tank has already opened up.
I think it’s one of two things, the coral simply needs time, or the flow rate for that spot is too intense.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

IMG_6983.jpeg IMG_6984.jpeg

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there Reef2Reef.

I am 8 months into the hobby, so very new.

I’m having trouble discerning whether a coral is in a good spot or not. For now it’s only 2 corals trees I’m questioning.

The tank is a new set up and everything from the old tank was switched to the new so corals might still be getting used to the change.

I question the placement of these two corals because they are the only ones that have not opened. Another tree coral on the opposite side of the tank has already opened up.
I think it’s one of two things, the coral simply needs time, or the flow rate for that spot is too intense.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

IMG_6983.jpeg IMG_6984.jpeg
"or both: the coral simply needs time, or the flow rate for that spot is too intense."

OP
OP
Mendozau89

Mendozau89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"or both: the coral simply needs time, or the flow rate for that spot is too intense."
Hi Fungi.
Thank you for the input.
So I guess the most reasonable thing to do is leave it alone for a while and if it still won’t open, move it then right?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%

Back