0   0   0
Lets see

JCGSO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, unfortunately was have had several clubs in the Greensboro, High Point and Winston area fizzle out. I helped start two of them. It seems like everyone is all excited about it in the beginning, then as time goes by, less and less people show up for meetings. We have also tried Facebook groups in the area. Same thing happens, even online. I don't get it, especially since there are so many reefers in the area.
BTW, I am in Jamestown, always looking for coral to buy or soon to trade, since many of my zoas are getting big enough to frag.

OP
OP
Jeepguy242

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, unfortunately was have had several clubs in the Greensboro, High Point and Winston area fizzle out. I helped start two of them. It seems like everyone is all excited about it in the beginning, then as time goes by, less and less people show up for meetings. We have also tried Facebook groups in the area. Same thing happens, even online. I don't get it, especially since there are so many reefers in the area.
BTW, I am in Jamestown, always looking for coral to buy or soon to trade, since many of my zoas are getting big enough to frag.

I’m in kernersville. Don’t have much to swap yet but always looking to buy

Rick Cavanaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several of us in the west to nw side of Gboro that have lots of corals (mostly SPS) to sell and trade. We typically have a frag swap once a year as well. Let me know what you are looking for.

OP
OP
Jeepguy242

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several of us in the west to nw side of Gboro that have lots of corals (mostly SPS) to sell and trade. We typically have a frag swap once a year as well. Let me know what you are looking for.

I will. I’m in kernersville. And work at the triad airport. So we’re not for apart

Rick Cavanaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will. I’m in kernersville. And work at the triad airport. So we’re not for apart
I am in Oak Ridge and there is another guy with some HUGE frags (really colonies) in Kernersville as well as 2 others off of Bryan Blvd. Come up with a wish list of what you want and between the 4 of us, there is a good chance we have what you are looking for. There is also a frag swap at the VFW in KVegas 1-2x per year and a private one in the area 1x per year. Things I have that I will be getting rid of. Large acan colony, xmas Favia colony, large birdnest colony, large rainbox montipora colony. I also have rainbow montipora frags, xmas cyphastrea frags, nuclear caulestrea frags, Frogspawn Frags, Pink Lemonaid frag, Green acro with light blue tips frags (needs VERY bright light to get the light blue tips), plating chartreuse colonies and frags. All frags very chunky. I can also cut, WWC yellow tips, Red Planet, Valida Tri Color, Pearl Berry. Later this year I will have Homewrecker, walt Disney, Pink Floyd, PC Rainbow, Branching Cyphastrea, Bubblegum Monti, PPE, Jack-o-lantern, JF Yellow Tips, Beach Bum, JF Raja Rampage and more

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saying "Hey" to fellow reefers in the Carolinas! We are located about 12 west of Winston-Salem and Triad Reef Critters is our LFS.

JCGSO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone in the Greensboro area have rasta and bam bam zoas? When is the next swap in K'vegas. I got some nice pieces there last time around. I also bought some really nice SPS frags from Greg in K'vegas, not too long ago. I can highly recommend him.

Rick Cavanaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone in the Greensboro area have rasta and bam bam zoas? When is the next swap in K'vegas. I got some nice pieces there last time around. I also bought some really nice SPS frags from Greg in K'vegas, not too long ago. I can highly recommend him.
Yes, Greg is the one with the HUGE frags. Not really justice calling many of them frags as they are colonies.

I think you will have better luck finding things on the 2 fb groups above. One has 300 members and the other has about 2000. Lots of activity. I don't do zoas. My house is a zoa free zone, but Brad has some, I don't know which. Post on FB groups Carolina Coral Exchange and Brad will see it.

KirstenB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump! I'm in Kernersville and looking to see if any groups are currently still around?

Rick Cavanaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some active reefers in the area. Not too many formal frag swaps. I am in Oak Ridge, Greg Miller is in Kernersville and Brad Vaughan is off New Garden area.

If you are looking for SPS frags, we have plenty. Not much in the LPS area. Also many of us can help with advice and assistance etc.

NicH.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are most of you guys still active in the area? I recently graduated from Duke’s seminary and started up a tank as a gift to myself Would love to meet up with some folks and perhaps purchase some frags off everyone.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back