Trident Autodosing - What overrides what?

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am testing the using my Trident to do controlled dosing. I have read that these are not great at getting you to a desired number, but are good at keeping you within range of the number you are at when using this feature, or at least that is what I have read. My Mag was high to begin with at 1541 18 hours ago, midnightish. I set a rule that said that the dos is off if > 1469 (I wanted to level off their, leave it a minute and then lower it again). I thought that with this rule in place, the DOS is in OFF mode until the value is within range. I do have my Trident set as you can see to control my dosing amounts. As you can see, my DOS has been dosing all day even though the range is greater than the rule. Is there a rule to write that force to the rule to override the Trident?

1697759084189.png 1697759139531.png 1697759158692.png

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you get this figured out.. as I read it ... ist the third line in the trident that control how much it can dose... what I mean is .. if your not in range of what you seek.. it will dose a minimum... does that make sense....? I turn my dose on alk on and off chasing these numbers.. and it is not working...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back